My husband has said about me, that I can always seem to find a way to be optimistic. My relationship with God has been the source of my hope as I have lived through some difficult periods. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:8, “Whatever things are true, whatever things are pure, whatever things lovely, whatever things are of good report if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”
It reminds me of a story of a girl who was put in a room with nothing but a pile of manure. She asked for a shovel and when they ask her why, she said, with this much poop, there has to be a pony in here somewhere.
Now that’s thinking optimistic!
So over the next few months, I am going to be sharing a series of emails and videos on this subject.
Today, we live in an environment of overwhelming negative headlines, images of despair and defeat across the world. It can be mind-boggling and paralyzing. As a result, we become accustomed to hearing and thinking negatively. It creeps in like a fungus and spreads without much notice of the change.
I am very excited you are here and are desiring to have a more peaceful, joyful mind and life. One day when I was speaking at an event and sharing my story, they said, “Donna You are a walking miracle.” It was very nice to hear, but there was a lot of hard work, and strategic choices that brought me to this place. The word “miracle”, sounds like it was instantaneous. That was not the case at all! Think of someone you admire….. If you knew their life, it was actually a series of small choices that brought them to the place where they are.
Let’s get started on today’s subject:
The Joy of Choice
A healthy body produces energy. Foods you eat, exercise, and movement are keys to being either energetic or lethargic and can’t get off the couch. Likewise, a healthy mind produces joy. In correlation, the joy-reducing, stress-providing thoughts reduce our peace. Joy is a state of mind that must be pursued and cultivated. Joy doesn’t depend on outside circumstances like some suppose. I have had clients say if this situation would be fixed I could be happy. I am sorry about their circumstances but you can have joy and peace even in difficult circumstances. This new blog and video series are about showing you how to do just that.
Point #1 – You are free to choose what you think about!
This is the first and most important way of thinking we will cover. Let me clarify. We can’t control every thought that comes to our mind but we can choose what we do with it and if we continue to think about it. At any moment you can choose what you want to continue to think about.
Let’s talk about some specifics about thoughts.
- Think excellent thoughts, not mediocre thoughts
- Focused thoughts, not scattered thoughts
- Fresh, exciting thoughts, not stale, boring thoughts
- Compassionate thoughts, not harsh thoughts
- Loving thoughts, not indifferent thoughts
- Energetic thoughts, not exhausted thoughts
- Constructive thoughts, not destructive thoughts
- Help thoughts, not hurtful thoughts
- Successful thoughts, not failure thoughts
- Faith thoughts, not fear thoughts
- Fit thoughts, not fat thoughts
- Bold thoughts, not comfortable thoughts
- Opportunity thoughts, not fear thoughts
- Giving thoughts, not getting thoughts
- Serving thoughts, not self-centered thoughts
- Grateful thoughts, not entitled thoughts
- Abundant thoughts, not lacking thoughts
- Responsible thoughts, not irresponsible thoughts
- Reconciliation thoughts, not retaliation thoughts
- Principled thoughts, not popular thoughts
- Positive thoughts, not negative thoughts
- Thoughts of victory, not thoughts of defeat
- About the promises of God, not the problems of the world.
Think about what you want not what you don’t want. Simply you are what you think about. Your life right at this moment is a culmination of the thoughts you have been thinking about. Our outer world can become a reflection of our inner world.
If you would like more of this and more support. Let’s talk. Simply schedule a time with me below.