The Joy of Perspective


The Joy of Perspective

 

With the Philippians 4:8 paradigm in mind, My husband Lee and I have committed to looking at each other’s strengths and not focus on what bugs us about each other.   It is amazing where we focus we get more of.   The thoughts we are continuing to think are a reflection of our words.

If I choose to focus on what Lee’s not doing right in my eyes, I could begin to complain and be irritable and it just goes downhill from there.

 

 

Our lives are a mixture of good and bad.  Our neighborhoods, cities, etc are a mixture of good things and things that need to be improved.  You may be doing well financially but having a problem with a relationship.   Life is like that.  Often we just want life to be perfect without problems but in reality, it’s just not like that.  So what can we do?

Let’s read again, part of Philippians 4:8.
Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.

It’s mentioned because we always have a choice of what we are going to think about.   If we didn’t it would have been mentioned.

 

Whatever difficulties you may be facing right now, marriage, health, finances, children, relations, jobs, etc.   There is a mixture of good things and things not going so well.   We could always find something to complain about.   And something to be thankful for.

Think about the news.  There are a lot of wonderful things happening in the world, but do they report that?  Oh no.  It’s filled with the bad.   Even the weather report is slanted toward the negative. Have you ever heard the weather person say, tomorrow there is a 70% chance of sunshine? No, they say there is a 30% chance of rain.

 

 So watch the amount of negative you take in from whatever source it may come from.     We may have many problems but we have millions of blessings.  Life is a mixture of good and bad and recognize you always have a choice where we put your focus.

 

As a Coach, I help women rise above a painful past so they can
live the life of their dreams.  We all need support!  Schedule a complimentary consultation below.

 

 
Choose Date Time and Provider

Donna Tashjian

09-20-2021
Loading....
Until next time!
Choose a new perspective!
Hugs!
Donna

Leave a Comment